We hope that most of the articles on this site will be of interest to both men and women. But we thought it would be handy to create a category exclusively for our female readers. In these articles you can find all our dating advice for women with everything from how to approach guys, how to touch a guy, how to know if a guy wants to kiss you and how to ensure that you get a second date (and beyond).
Dating Advice for Women – A Sneaky Facebook Trick
Here’s a brilliant little Facebook trick you can use to:
1. Pique the interest of your Facebook contacts
2. Find out which guys are interested in you
3. Encourage those guys to contact you
First of all – a disclaimer: this trick is really simple but it does require you be a little bit dishonest. Some people won’t like the idea of not being totally truthful. If it’s going to be a problem, then no hard feelings – just move on to the next tip.
How It Works
If, however, telling a white lie on your Facebook profile sounds ok, here’s how to do it.
1. Go into your profile and change your status to “in a relationship”.
2. You’ll get lots of people saying congratulations and fishing for information. Don’t tell them anything.
3. A few months later, “break up” – change your relationship status to single.
It’s really that simple. You’ll get the little broken heart icon next to your name in people’s news feed and, hopefully, people will start leaving comments.
Why It Works
1. It gets you noticed. Because everyone gets to see that you’re “in a relationship”, you stay on the radar of guys who you’ve met and might be interested in.
2. It makes you more desirable. When guys see that you’re “in a relationship” they’ll see that you are precious. Things and people are always more desirable when other people want them and, crucially, when we fear losing them.
3. You’ll find out which guys like you. It’s now easy for those guys who like you to get in touch. If the trick has worked, you’ll get lots of messages and comments saying things like: Oh sorry honey, hope you don’t feel too bad. Let me know if you fancy a drink and a shoulder to cry on x
Not only have you smoked out the guys who’d like to get to know you better, you’ve given them a nice easy excuse to make contact. As I say, if you can forgive yourself the odd Facebook fib, it really is a brilliant strategy.