We hope that most of the articles on this site will be of interest to both men and women. But we thought it would be handy to create a category exclusively for our female readers. In these articles you can find all our dating advice for women with everything from how to approach guys, how to touch a guy, how to know if a guy wants to kiss you and how to ensure that you get a second date (and beyond).
Dating Advice for Women – Sexualise the Conversation
Sometimes when talking to a man, either on a date or when chatting in a bar, there’s a need to make the conversation more intimate, flirtatious or sexual. Maybe:
1. You’re attracted to each other, but you can’t seem to get out of small talk.
2. It’s clear that he fancies you but he’s very shy – you feel you need to give him a bit of help to get things moving.
3. You fancy him, but aren’t sure if he feels the same.
4. You seem to fancy each other, but aren’t sure if he’s single.
In each case there’s a need to shift the energy of the conversation into something more flirtatious. But you don’t want to seem too forward or scare him off. So here are a few tricks that you can use as “safe” ways to move things forward and test the water.
5 Ways to Sexualise the Conversation
1. Tease him. Teasing is a great way to sexualise a conversation with a man. We love being teased by women, because it’s how we communicate with our close friends – so it makes the conversation feel comfortable and intimate. Make sure you tease him for a GOOD trait and not a bad one: tease him for being a pretty boy who gets all the girls, not for being so ugly that he drives them away!
2. Role play. This is something we teach guys on our coaching courses that is extremely effective for shifting out of small talk and into a more playful mood of interacting. A fun way to do it is to “hire” him to work for you. If he says he does martial arts, hire him as your bodyguard. Explain that he’ll need to protect you when you go out in public and keep the paparazzi away. He’ll soon start playing along.
3. Flatter him. Women very rarely flatter men. For some reason, male-to-female flattery is an established part of flirting (“you’ve got beautiful eyes” etc) but women often worry that flattery will look too keen. In fact, it’s a very safe way to let the guy you like him without over-playing your hand. Check out this post on how to compliment guys for some good ideas.
4. Touch him. This one requires you to be a bit braver, but it’s the easiest way to let the guy know that you’d like him to start becoming more intimate with you. Guys often miss all the more subtle flirting techniques, all the lip-licking and hair-flicking. But a simple touch on the arm is often enough to get the message across that you’d like him to reciprocate. My article on how to touch guys will help here.
5. Talk about risqué subjects. Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one. If you’re feely cheeky and you’re fed up with talking about his car and his job… if you feel like having a racy conversation with this good-looking guy… well talk about something racy! You’re a grown woman – if you want to talk about sex, talk about sex. You’ll soon figure out if he wants to join in.